Tuesday

More Big Brother crap to contend with

Since it's a given that every cell phone now has a built in GPS locator (required to I'm told), is it hard to imagine the Nanny State taking steps to bug your computer as well?

Long ago I stopped believing that my government was anything other than a monster. Leviathan most definitely IS a ravenous monster that has been unleashed from even the tiniest restraints once held in place by the constitution. If you can imagine something evil... then the USG has, or is, doing it!

But I digress...

Read this blog entry from an electrical engineer who insists that keystroke loggers are being installed on all new computers! And he makes a cogent argument that DHS is on the receiving end.

5 comments:

Arlie Hubard III said...

I followed a link on the page and ended up at a snopes.com page, http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/dellbug.asp. According to that page, which has similar details to the blog post linked above, this is false.

I am not claiming the blogger is lying, but based on what I've seen I don't believe that gov't is attempting this, yet.

GunRights4US said...

I no longer buy snopes's explanations 100%. They're starting to sound like demo apologists.

The Other Mike S. said...

I wouldn't put it past Nanny to use some sort of a logger, but I'd expect the use of a software logger. Much more easily hidden and more efficient in their use. Unless you have a firewall that stops all outgoing packets for inspection and approval, you'll never know it even exists.

Brad Knight said...

I wouldn't be surprised by anything Big Bro' would do, but this is BS. First, there wouldn't be a cable running directly between the keyboard and the network card. That would be like me grabbing a cow and dropping on your kitchen table. 99% of the work done by the network card is done at the operating system level... IP address, packet data and everything else. Not that it couldn't be done, but it would more than likely be done at the motherboard level.

GunRights4US said...

Of course I can't refute or deny the guy's claims since my expertise is not in electronics.

I'll willingly defer to to those who are more knowledgeable of such matters than I.

So I'll chalk this up to my over-willingness to ascribe some evil to Leviathan. But there's SO much they ARE guilty of, that I feel no remorse for being party to a possible false accusation... just this once.