Friday

Expelled: No intelligence allowed



I watched this documentary last night and found it to be fascinating. Ben Stein does an excellent job showing how free speech is an endangered species in American academic and scientific circles. Using the issue of Intelligent Design as the focal point, he interviews several accomplished and previously respected scientists in various fields who, upon revealing even an interest in ID, found their careers derailed with extreme prejudice. Stein is a hoot, and he uses a low key, very balanced approach in his extensive interviews with both sides of the issue.

One of the hardcore Darwinists Ben interviews is a fellow named Michael Ruse. I've been to a debate where Ruse defended his Darwinian views. I thought Ben Stein made Ruse look like a complete fool in this film. And he did so effortlessly!

Watch it and I believe you’ll find it both entertaining and educating.

1 comment:

Arlie Hubard III said...

I agree, it's very well done. My pastor told me about this and I was impressed and horrified at the same time. It's definitely worth the time.