Thursday

Customer Service...Winston style

I followed my dear friend Bob Winston into Walmart one night. He was an alcoholic (God rest his soul) and this night, like every other, he was drunk as a skunk!

I forget the purpose of our visit. I forget the department we were in. (Yes, I was drinking too) But what I will never forget if I live to be a thousand, was Bob's approach to poor customer service. We had searched fruitlessly for whatever it was that two drunks needed that evening in Walmart. Then we searched equally in vain for assistance.

With no warning whatsoever, Bob stopped, threw back his head, and yelled at the top of his lungs:

HELP!!!

Considering that Bob was a Marine Corporal, that meant that every single person in that entire building heard it.

We got help pretty darn fast, let me tell you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one way to do it.