Tuesday

The arrogance of authority


There was some sort of accident this morning as I made my way to work.  I could see the flashing lights of the police, fire truck and ambulance up ahead.  The four lane artery I was traveling was reduced to two lanes and heavy traffic (as you expect on a workday morning) was being funneled thru, albeit very slowly. 

As I neared the scene – after about 15 minutes of inching forward – I saw the fire truck and the meat wagon roll away.  A little closer now and I see there are no wrecked vehicles anywhere which leads me to suspect that a pedestrian was involved. 

In any event, all of the elements of the conflagration are gone – except for the three police cars blocking the center lanes of traffic.  The fat bodied tax feeders themselves are standing in the middle of the street conversing and laughing among themselves, completely oblivious to the blockage they are creating in the middle of the busy thoroughfare. 

Had I been willing to risk being tasered and beaten to within an inch of my life, I would have rolled down my window and yelled at those bastards to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE ROAD!  However I just wasn’t in the mood to spend any time in the ER or a jail cell this morning.

No comments: