Wednesday

Thieves!

This morning my receptionist came to work as usual. Apparently she had a doctor’s appointment around mid-morning and realized she’s left her insurance card at home. So she drove home to get it. She found her home burglarized and vandalized! What the thieves couldn’t steal, they destroyed. The bastards even killed the family cat. I have never met her husband, but she is a sweet girl that doesn’t deserve this kind of heinous act.

As you might imagine, this is the talk of the day around my office. The #1 big boss man then told me that last weekend the son of the #2 big boss man was laying on his couch dozing on a Sunday evening. His wife was in the shower. A sneak thief eased into the house thru an unlocked sliding glass door and tiptoed right past the man sleeping on the couch. He was awakened to the sound of his wife’s screaming as she encountered a strange man standing in her bedroom when she came out of the shower. The crook bolted past the dazed homeowner and was gone in a flash.

I hear that the FBI’s crime statistics report shows crime steadily decreasing these days… but that’s certainly little comfort to these homeowners who have had their very sense of security ripped away.

Come into MY home uninvited, and I promise you… if I am there, you will die a most wretched death!

1 comment:

Brock Townsend said...

Sorry about that. I keep every door locked with both locks 100% of the time. You just can't be too careful these days.

I remember as a child we never locked the house even when we went on vacation, though once we returned and the village tramp, McCormick was in my parent's bed! My mother said "McCormick, what are you doing here?" He said "Just taking a rest Ma'am" to which my mother replied that it was time for him to leave and he dutifully went.:)