Tuesday

Pushback against Big Brother in Britain

Formerly Great Britain is on the leading edge when it comes to Big Brother statism. There’re probably more cameras per square mile there than any other place on earth! Brits can’t blink an eye without being on a camera or TV monitor since the devices are positioned literally everywhere.

The Brits have made extensive use of traffic speed cameras since they’re such great revenue generators. Other than greedy politicians who’re dedicated shaking down the public, few British are particularly pleased with these speed cameras. I’ve seen several articles about them being vandalized of late.

Here’s another instance of the citizenry fighting back against this “legal” tyranny. Someone jury-rigged some sort of explosive device and blew one of those robotic thieves to smithereens.

Jolly Good I say!

But if you want a REAL laugh click on the link to the article and scroll down for the comments. They are an absolute riot!

edited to say: I played around a bit with the comment filters and found these nuggets of beauty!

Give the guy more supplies, he's got a lot of work to do........ there's thousands of those damn things out there !!

- Den, Herts, 29/12/2009 7:02


If they find who did it all they are going to do is expose a national hero!

- nad, Kettering, 29/12/2009 7:14

LET ME BUY THIS MAN A DRINK.

- dave, rowlands castle, 29/12/2009 10:57

Instead of being hunted by the police he should be knighted.

- iy, UK, 29/12/2009 7:18

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

I'm sorry i just can't stop myself, here i go again ...

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

- barry, woking, surrey, 29/12/2009 10:37


The sad thing about it is this:

I am nearly 50. In my lifetime, I have helped the police with enquiries in the past (not as a suspect, I might add). I have rugby tackled thieves running from shops with other people's goods. I have also rugby tackled a mugger in flight and gone into a burning house to rescue one of the occupants. I don't want a medal, I might add - nor do I want 'carte-blanche' to be able to pick and choose which laws I decide to obey.

BUT

I can tell you that I will not help the police again (or the public at large) until this automated legalised theft is dispensed with.

Of course, I don't condone what the culprit did here. But I won't condemn and I certainly would not tell the police if I knew who it was.

Now, the country can continue without MY help, of course: But the question has to be HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE WHO FEEL LIKE ME ABOUT THIS ARE THERE?

I don't like thieves. Even if they are dressed in a blue uniform!

- George, Corby. UK, 29/12/2009 8:00

No comments: