Tuesday

A movie review - Inglourious Basterds

I've long been a fan of action films, but don't let the hype suck you in on this one! It's a pure stinker in my opinion.

Remember the spaghetti westerns of the 60's? Specifically, do you remember the final gunfight scene of The Good Bad & The Ugly? Remember the LOOOOONG buildup to the shootout with the camera focused inordinately long on the antagonist's eyes and gun hands? Well Tarintino used that same gimmick about three times in IB. Once was plenty!

Also...forget ANY resemblence to reality whatsoever!

Hey I LOVE gratuitious violence in action films, but there MUST be a minimum degree of plausibility and realism for me to "make my escape" into the film. IB never comes close to achieving that minimum degree. Instead I kept checking my watch and wondering "How much longer must I endure this crap?"

No comments: