Friday

Taking a break - on the river

My boys and I are heading up to the St Mary's river to camp this weekend. The weather promises to be gorgeous, and its been too long since we've done this. Once upon a time when the boys were little we did this several times a year. Now that the oldest is married and has a young'un on the way, and the youngest is working on his college degree, this happens less and less. So I am eagerly looking forward to some time with them. As you would expect the blog will be a bit slow til I get back late Sunday. But here's some pics of the area we're going to.





6 comments:

Ryan said...

That looks beautiful. Rivers down South have a wonderfully primordial feel to them. I am from a place with lots of rivers but they just aren't as pretty. Hope you and yours have a great weekend.

GunRights4US said...

Thank you sir!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan. Getter done. They grow up to fast. Hope you have a wonderful trip...Oh ya catch some Snook for me.lol

See Ya

GunRights4US said...

No snook, but there was a slight decrease in the squirrel population thereabouts.

Craig said...

Good to know a fellow Floridian in the blogosphere. I haven't done the St. Mary's yet, just the Peace and Suwannee and St. Johns. I'll have to give the St. M a try. Thanks for the photos.

GunRights4US said...

I've been hooked in the St Marys for many years now. Drop me a line if ever you seriously plan to gop up there, and I'll be glad to offer you some insights that will enhance your enjoyment thereof.