Wednesday

Whoopie it's the 4th of July (Yawn)

Now is the time for all good little Americans to rally round the flag and sing the praises of non-existent Liberty.

On previous occasions I have expounded my views on the 4th, the flag, and on the pledge here and here. (One should keep it firmly in mind that I make a sharp distinction between the US Government, and America. In my view they are NOT the same thing! Like the bumper sticker says, I love my country, but I hate my government.)

I just want to add that the annual celebration of the remembrance of the Colony's Declaration to King George, when considered in the deepening shadows of an overarching Leviathan government, has moved beyond being just hypocritical. It is more likened to the obscenity achieved by smearing with make-up the face of a most gruesome moldering corpse, and holding it close in a passionate embrace.

Our Forefathers must surely be disappointed with what passes for "Liberty" and "Freedom" these days.

Oh, and ... final thought:


2 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

Agree with every link and posted.

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

GUNRIGHTS4US ~
Brother, you have perfectly summed up my own viewpoint. I couldn't have said it better (and probably not even as well).

I signed up as a "Follower" of your blog some weeks back but this is the first time I've posted a comment.

I have read some of your older blog installments as well, and I intend to go back and comment on a couple of them when time permits.

Just wanted to let you know that I dig what you're posting and I am checking in even if I'm not making my presence known.

Keep up the good work, Bro!

~ D-FensDogg
'Loyal American Underground'