Monday

The Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting

I found this website quite by accident today, and I could NOT help dropping them a note to express how I feel about guns, hunting, and Liberal do-gooders. Here's their email address if you too feel like making a comment:

CASH@AbolishSportHunting.com

Here's the mail I sent them:

I stumbled across your website to abolish hunting and I felt compelled to take a moment and speak to you.

My initial thought was to rant and rave, but I decided to take a different approach on the outside chance that maybe a less strident perspective would perhaps have a better chance of being heard.

I have hunted my entire life. Guns were such a huge part of my childhood that I can honestly say I have no memory of the first time I ever fired one. Keeping squirrels and blue jays out of the pecans, grapes, plums, figs, etc. was one of my regular chores as a small boy, and it was not uncommon for me to squirrel hunt unsupervised as young as eight.

Guns were not mythical devices steeped in mystery or possessed of magical properties. They were simply tools that could be put to use, either safely or otherwise. One of the great tragedies of our current era is that guns have been so demonized and vilified to the extent that large swaths of the population react with pure hysteria at their mere mention. Instead of teaching safety and careful handling, the campaign to vilify guns has lead to stark ignorance by the general public with the expected results (and the resulting agenda driven focus on those same results).

I can honestly say that hunting has provided me with some of the most enjoyable moments of my 48 years on this earth. That there are do-gooder, Nanny State liberals out there that would strip me and my children of this enjoyment angers me to no end. A comparison of mortality statistics from swimming pools, automobiles, paint buckets, and lead in baby’s cribs SHOULD be enough to demonstrate to the rational mind that LIFE can be hazardous. How is it that some among us have decided that THEY are in the best position to know what’s good for us and what isn’t?

Ever see the animated film WALLEE? Note how the humans were all fat, homogenized, mindless, and totally self absorbed as they floated around on their little chairs completely incapable of even getting to their feet and walking unassisted. I am beginning to believe that collectivist Nanny Staters are perfectly okay with that vision of man-kind’s future. I am not!

Guns and shooting mean more than simple enjoyment to me and my ilk. They are the symbols of individual freedom that most of the rest of this world is now denied. There are those here in America who would, under the guise of “safety”, deny us the right to keep and bear arms. They point to hunting accidents, crime, violence and a host of other indicators as evidence of our incivility. In my view, civilization has reached its highest nadir with an armed populace. To step away from that is to step backward and towards tyranny.

Even the soft tyranny offered by Nanny State liberals is totally unacceptable to people like me. We’ve accepted that death is a part of life, as are accidents, and occasionally bad people. But whether you look at accidents or crime, when you set the statistics against a backdrop of 80,000,000 gun owners who shot NO ONE today, or the uncounted millions of hunters who went to the woods and NO ONE got hurt today, it becomes increasingly clear that your movement is one based on hysteria, fear, and outright foolishness.

Know this: Me and my kind will NEVER be disarmed, whether it be for “safety” sake or for political silence. And here’s the bottom line of that sentiment. To affect that against our will is going to require that some mother’s son come and risk his life to disarm us. And on that sad occasion, someone is going to die. Period. So if the preservation of life is really your utmost goal, I suggest you go pester toy companies that sell baby toys with detachable parts that come off and choke little ones. Leave the hunting and shooting sports alone.

For ALL our sakes!

22 comments:

The Other Mike S. said...

I'm speechless. Incredibly well said.

Anonymous said...

Your response to these "anti types"
was very well thought out and
accurate. Good job. I think that pointing out to these people that the only reason we have game animals left in America is a direct result of "Hunters" demanding game laws, limits, and seasons might also have given them food for thought. Provided they are capable of rational, logical thought processes not influenced by emotion. A fact they may not know is there are more deer in America today then when Colombus arrived. (We created more habitat)
It would appear to me these people have already made up their minds and probably don't want to be confused by the facts.
Paul in Texas
By the way, I don't hunt anymore

GunRights4US said...

T.O.M., coming from you whose posts are always so well written, and factually accurate, that means alot to me!

Anon...there's indeed much more I could have said, but given that it's going to bounce right off their thick heads anyway...it's all just wasted keystrokes.

Jeffersonian said...

"Death by violence, death by cold, death by starvation - they are the normal endings of the stately creatures of the wilderness. The sentimentalists who prattle about the peaceful life of nature do not realize its utter mercilessness." - Theodore Roosevelt in his safari diary

Anonymous said...

Thank you for speaking for all of us. I'll send mine right after I finish here.

I to have shot and hunted for my 68 years on this earth. I will be dead before I give up my guns.

See Ya

GunRights4US said...

Three days have passed with no response from them.

So I sent them a photograph of a friend of mine with his latest kill, as he cleans it using the assistance of his two sons.

mason899 said...

I always appreciate it when someone can articulate a point without a lot of unnecessary emotional ranting and raving. I want to thank you for this post. I am with you. I will never give up my God given right to defend myself and my family.

GunRights4US said...

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Anonymous said...

Once again the hunter idiots with their non sensical arguments try to rationalize their senseless killing.

Let me ask you like I did so many others, including wildlife managers, how the killing on a grand scale of millions of animals each and every year can somehow benefit them? I have yet to get any sensible answer from hunters or wildlife officials. The reason? Their is no explantion and their is no benefit to the animals.

Killing animals under the guise of conservation is a farce just like the stupid and ridiculous arguments the hunters use to defend their sport.

GunRights4US said...

Since you start out the gate with name calling, I won't waste my keystrokes with an answer.

Had you asked politely with some modicum of cooth, I would gladly give you the rational answer you claim to have never gotten.

Now...fuck off asshole!

Anonymous said...

You fellas are giving these morons more thought and intelligent comments they deserve.

They deserve to rot. Period.

Anonymous said...

Oh, let me back up.

I see some of these jerks on here.

Bear in mind, when God sent the jews into the new lands, the told them to slaughter everything breathing, EVERYTHING.

God also told them what meats they could eat. And guess what, some of that meat they had to hunt.

If you dont like the idea of killing animals, take it up with God himself.

Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Hunters are the scum and scourge of the earth -- and trappers are even worse. That's all I have to say to these vermin.

GunRights4US said...

That's your opinion - and it stinks in MY opinion.

TC said...

I did not read your blog sorry it's the same old "it's our second amendment rights" BS. I and many vegans and vegetarians owns guns and can shoot better then most of you all can (see hunting accident on C.A.S.H)you be amazed of the list.

Anti hunting has got nothing to do with guns and the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, it's about protecting oneself from terrorists like you.

GunRights4US said...

The only people on this earth who should rightfully be in terror of me are those with designs on my liberty, my safety, or my family.

You have a perfect right to eat like a cow if that's what you choose. Don't presume to tell me what MY rights are as they relate to anything.

As for marksmanship skills... anytime ... anywhere...

In closing let me say, do the letters F O A D mean anything to you?

Anonymous said...

Gunrights4 us is a more that a little confused about the difference between having weapons to protect our political freedoms and home versus using them to kill living, feeling, innocent animals. I too grew up being taught to kill animals for fun. I regret every second of the barbaric, unevolved, Godless minute of killing living beings that are much like us; they experience fear, joy, the need to recreate. In this huge, cold universe in which we have not discoveded even a complex protein molecule, animals are our dear relatives, not some blocks or stones to use for target practice and then falsely imagine some sick, sense of acommpishment or success. Hunters are serial killers.

GunRights4US said...

You talk about being confused! Animals are our relatives?! I think not. Animals were put here by God for our use and enjoyment. I don't want to see them abused or mistreated, but I certainly intend to keep right on eating them. My guess is that you are some sort of atheist who relishes the notion of turning your back on God, and this notion that animals are man's equal - in direct contravention to God's word on the matter - just dovetails into your personal rebellion against God.

Anonymous said...

How pathetic are you? No one wants to take away your right to hopefully shoot yourself and your friends like Dick Cheney. What we want is the right to live in peace without constant gunfire from hunters who trespass on the land of others and terrorize people every day with gunfire. Hunters also kill people every day (accidentally of course). Most serial killers were also hunters. In South Carolina where everyone thinks they need a gun, that state has the highest rate of men who kill women with guns. Keep on shooting and killing and next time, turn the gun on yourself and do us all a favor so we can live in peace...that's people as well as animals.

GunRights4US said...

Are you serious? Perhaps you need to seek mental health assistance right away. Like 99% of enviro-whackos out there, you seem about half a bubble off plumb. I thought most serial killers were vegan Obama voters.

Anonymous said...

Hunters are serial killers. There was a time and place where hunting was acceptable and maybe even necessary. Animals are living feeling beings that are very much like us. They experience joy, fear, the desire to recreate, and suffering and pain. EVOLVE.

GunRights4US said...

I don't subscribe to your monkey worshipping evolution nonsense. Yes, animals have feelings. Many of them also taste good. Everything that lives eventually dies and feeds, if nothing else, bacteria. So stop worshipping the creation and consider worshipping the creator instead. And have a nice piece of grilled venison or even a squirrel stew.